My personal complaints about Vivint:
1. Monitoring fees are relatively high. Mine is $71.95 a month.
2. My “Vivint Smart Home” app is constantly breaking, badly affecting uninterrupted video recording times, proper sequencing of videos, and quality of footage.
3. The “Ping SmartHome Indoor” camera has poor [night vision video quality], particularly fuzzy, blurry, and/or pixelated footage.
4. The “Outdoor Camera Pro” has a tendency to fail. Although Vivint has no problem replacing it with a new one, the scheduling for replacement can be an inconvenience, and Vivint may charge a trip fee.
5. Telephone wait times for technical support can exceed seven minutes.
6. Technical support is outsourced to entities overseas where language barriers and vocal distortion may impede the overall customer service experience.
7. Technicians that are dispatched to your residence for repairs may arrive late and/or not at all. Further, the technician may not provide a courtesy call in either of the preceding scenarios. Although Vivint may compensate the customer with a month of free service for the incident, the delayed repairs and rescheduling are inconvenient.
8. Numerous problems with technician visits prior to arrival. Vivint will only provide the first name of the individual who will show up at one’s front door, with no other personally identifiable information. The technician may be unable to acquire the necessary equipment in time to perform needed repairs.
9. Having been a customer for over two years, I’ve never witnessed a female technician, an indication that there may be diversity concerns at the field technician level.
10. Too many gimmicky internal promotional messages for products and services are sent to my app.
11. There are too many “refer a friend” and/or “rating review” requests sent to my email account following an inquiry or service call.
12. Overall, Vivint can do much better, and I don’t understand why there are not more complaints online other than to speculate that Vivint inundates its customers with rating review requests, wherein those reviews may sometimes obscure what is actually occurring at the service addresses. These twelve items consist of my personal experiences and views of the Vivint home security system and services the company provides.